The Arc Knox County wants you to join our growing team today! If you’re seeking a meaningful job that directly impacts the lives of others, this organization is for you! Our staff are the core of our organization and make a difference in people’s lives daily.
Direct Support Staff
We have both Full Time and Part Time Positions Open! The position may be either in a 10 person group home or a 3 person supported living setting.
General responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide the maximum level of supervision at all times to each individual served, according to their Individual Support Plan.
- Plan and provide input into the activities (educational and recreational) that are designed for the residents, including specific outings requested by the individual residents.
- Document the distribution of all medications given to the clients. This includes: prescribed medication, non-prescription over-the-counter medications, PRN medications (as circumstances may require), and monitoring medication reactions.
- Provide transportation for all the residents to their daily activities or appointments.
- Assist with Sunshine Leisure Services activities as requested by the Residential Services Director and/or the Leisure Services Director. Responsibilities include promoting the goals of the leisure program such as independence, decision making, problem solving interpersonal relationships, etc.
- Assist with the preparation of meals and the cleaning of the home (including debris/trash on the outside grounds).
- Provide instruction and any necessary assistance to the residents in basic living areas such as hygiene, toileting, bathing, cooking, cleaning, and laundry and social/recreational/leisure skills.
Education Requirements: A high school diploma or GED with a minimum of at least (1) year previous work-related experience with developmentally disabled Adults in a related field is preferred. This requirement can be waived or modified to allow the highest qualified individual to be hired for this position.
Position Requirements: Complete certification classes for Medication Administration for Unlicensed Personnel. Complete all required DIDD training (CPR, First Aid, Title VI, Universal Precautions, support training) in a timely manner. Maintain certifications and complete refresher training annually. Must be at least 21 years of age, have a valid Tennessee driver’s license and be insurable by the agency insurance company.
General responsibilities of the Job Coach will be:
- Train persons supported in job duties at their job site. Assist in the development of positive work habits, task analysis and breakdown, use of various teaching methods to ensure individual learns specific job skills, training in problem-solving with regard to job-related skills, assisting with transportation issues (including bus training as necessary), working with employers/co-workers, arranging accommodations as needed, and maintaining good relationships with employers/coworkers.
- Maintain accurate records of person supported and employer contacts.
- Provide re-training as required when jobs or job responsibilities change.
- Provide job readiness training as necessary, including training in interviewing, work ethics, work culture, co-worker relationships, etc.
- Set up and complete assessments on referrals at a job site; provide documentation as required by funding agencies.
- Transport individuals as necessary to job interviews, situational assessments, etc.
- Act as an advocate for the person supported at the job.
- Be a positive role model with regard to work behaviors, work ethic, attitude, etc.
- Represent the agency in a professional manner at all times in the community, to employers, person supported, families, etc.
- Maintain all VR & DIDD annual training requirements.
- Other duties as related to job readiness or job placement as assigned.
A high school diploma or GED required; some college preferred. Previous work-related experience with intellectually developmentally disabled in a related field is required.
Must complete all required VR & DIDD training in a timely manner. Must maintain certifications and complete refresher training annually. Must be at least 21 years of age, have a valid Tennessee driver’s license and be insurable by the agency insurance company. Must have a dependable vehicle.
The position involves sitting, standing, bending and walking for long periods of time throughout the day. The position also requires the ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
Want to Keep up with The Arc Knox County?
We periodically send out newsletters as well as our monthly calendar. If you would like that info emailed to you, click the button to subscribe!